Tips on How to Keep Family Safety at Homebedewy
More than anything else, family safety at home is the priority of any homeowner. Money can buy new cars, new jewelries and new gadgets but never the lives of loved ones, right? That’s why property owners like you should always make sure that your home is safe from all kinds of accidents and theft. But how can you be sure of your family safety at home? Read on and find out.
Safety Tips for Your Home
Theft and accidents can happen no matter how careful you are. That’s why extra safety measures are needed to ensure that your family is always kept from harm’s way. Below are some tips to help you out.
How to Keep Thieves Away
Make it hard for thieves and other criminals to gain access to your home with the following:
- Keep your front and side gates low so that neighbors can see if something unusual is happening inside your home. On the other hand, make sure that your rear gate is high as this will be the likeliest exit that thieves will use.
- Use gravel for walkways. Gravel makes crunching sounds when somebody walks on them. This will alert you of intruders.
- Install dual function door braces in all your exterior doors. These devices will jam the doorknobs, preventing thieves from opening your doors even if they have master keys. The beauty with these braces is that they work on both hinged and sliding doors.
- Get an electronic barking dog. This device barks just like a normal dog sans the usual nuances of feeding and bathing. Once it senses intruders, your “dog” will start barking angrily.
- Install an efficient security system. Modern technology has made it possible for you to know what’s happening in your home even when you’re miles away. As soon as movement in your door or window has been detected, the system will ring an alarm and call your preset numbers.
- Set up appropriate lighting. The correct type of lighting is crucial for your family safety at home. Use bright lights near gates and entrances to discourage burglars. You can also install network-controlled lights inside your home. These can be controlled with the use of your smartphones so you can turn your lights on or off even when you’re away.
How to Keep Kids Safe
- Your young kids and teenagers are almost always prone to accidents due to their curious and uninhibited nature. Keep those “explorers” safe and sound with the following tips:
- Forewarned is forearmed. Always remind your older kids to keep the doors locked when they have to stay at home while you are at work. Do you have a nanny for your babies? Install a hidden camera to make sure that she’s taking care of your loved ones and not your valuables.
- Make your pool safer. Your pool is the best spot to relax and unwind, but it is also the worst area for your small kids and pets. Install a pool alarm that will release a loud shrill once it senses water movement in your unsupervised pool.
Don’t take chances. Use these tips to ensure your family safety at home.